February 15, 2018

Description of room from Mr. Greenes perspective:


He walked into a room at the end of the hall, the smell of dust and spilt coffee in the air.  The seats in front of the computers seen worn, but he didn't want to use the technology yet. He saw typewriters of various shapes and sizes.  He strolled over to the shelves, exploring each one, hoping to learn the stories they held.  Some could be stained by cigarette or could have broken keys.  The whiteboard in front had writing on it, tickling his mind with the endless possibilities as to why it's there.


Dialogue Exercise:


A small child emerges from a dark alleyway, wiping liquid from his face.  He calls for a taxi at the same as an older gentleman did.  The yellow car pulled over.

"Excuse me sir, want to share this cab?  I really need a ride." said Ben

In a heavy, sloppy Southern accent, "Sure thing!  Hop on in!" said Butch

They both get in, with Ben starting the conversation.

"Sir!  You sound funny!  What's with the voice?" said Ben, waiting for a reponse.

"I got no teeth!  See here sonny?" said Butch

"Gross!  What's with the hat?"

"I wear it because I'm a cowboy.  Where are your manners?  Didn't your parents teach you them?"

"They didn't, they're splitting up so I don't listen to them anymore.  They say to go to bed, so I stay up.  They say to not have energy drinks, but I did that today too!  Now I'm going to the airport to escape!"  Explained Ben, now out of breath from a continuous stream of words.

"That's quite a story!  I'm going home, the wife passed recently.  Went here to see my family, but now I have to face my own demons."


Description of Mr. Greene from Mr. Greenes  perspective:


His voice was booming, startling at first when you don't know about it.  However loud he is, it's quite soothing, smooth like butter.  His long hair and goatee with traces of five o'clock shadow are comparable to a modern day Jesus.  An olive green shirt and dark jeans, with a pair of brown leather boots slapping the ground gives you a sense of anxiety.  His eyes are blue with oceans of experience behind them, giving me a sense of awe.  The presence of this man made me take a step back, wary to engage in a conversation with him.     



1 comment:

  1. Awesome words and phrases throughout, but sometimes it feels like you're just dumping details in. They're fun to read about, but feel pointless. Maybe you can work around some of the details/description by adding a sense of mystery in areas? Maybe?

    ReplyDelete