February 18, 2018

Writing Exercises

Hailey Lajoie


Fear of Mr.Greene


Walking into the class, I see a man. Taking my seet I realize that this man is the ruler of this kingdom, and the blood rushes through me. 'This guy should not be teaching' I look at his green flannel, and his jeans that hung on him as if they were two sizes to big for his twig legs. I look down at my desk shaking my head. What am I doing here? " Today we will be working on…" I hear but it trails out of my mind, as I eyed around me at the others. None of them seemed concerned, instead they seemed eager to begin. I know there is something up with this guy, he looks like any cowboy villian how couldn't there be? He has the shoes that click onto the ground with every step to match the collection. His hair is long, it is at shoulder length, and at the corners of his face a beard begins to trickle forth. I look down, as my eyes divert away and towards the desk.

I zoned out for a few seconds before the man standing behind me jumped me out of the trance. I turn around, getting an even closer view of him. His veins seem to pop out of his arms, clear and distinctive, but there is shiny glimmer on his finger, and as soon it catches my eye  my mind races. How is he married?

"Are you alright?"

I jump slightly, nodding. " Yea, I'm fine. "

He nods, buying my lie for the moment it seems. " Okay, just making sure." He says and my mind changes direction. Maybe he is not so bad, maybe it was just fear? He is married after all… I shake my head, he is married but it means nothing. He is probably like every other man, a worthless piece of trash. I turn to the teacher, " I need to go to guidance." He nodded, "Get a pass. "



Dialogue


The man stumbled down the stairs, "Who's there?" There was no answer other than heavy breathing, " Who's there?" He eyes around the room, holding his cane up in the air. As he stepped forward.

The man jumped back, as a sound exploded into the air. His head turned, glass shattered to pieces laid on the ground. He huffed, holding up his cane, "Alright ya scoundrel, come out."

A young boy came out of from behind the bureau, his hand shaking.

"Who the hell are you? " The man eyed the boy up and down.

" I am Jack, Jack Phillips  What's your name? "

"Huh, My name is Peter. What are you doing in here?"

" I was outside playing, and," The boy bounced up and down," And my ball flew into here, so being the airplane I am I flew to get it and I found a door so I became an explorer."

The man put his hand out in front of the boy. " Second thought, I don't want to know."

"But I'm not done!"

" I don't care kid." The man huffed. "Get out of my house." He huffed.

" Oh, Okay." He ran past the man and out of the house.  



No comments:

Post a Comment