May 6, 2011

Imagination in the Dark

In the middle of the night he sits there
In fear of things he does not know
They rip they tear they aren't even there
He looks left he looks right, he's ready for a fight

Inky blackness surrounds his being
One cannot fight what one cannot see
Claws strum the doorways, ready to sing
He will look both ways for the creatures that cannot be

They come they charge, they bang on his door
What can stop this terror, he'll melt with fear
The battle begins, the fight, the war
A knock on the door, his death is near

His hand shakes, he reaches for the light
It was an imaginary fight
What doest thow think?

1 comment:

  1. Reading this made me think of my childhood and hiding under layers of sheets to protect myself from the darkness around me. I loved reading this. Thank you for writting it.

    ReplyDelete