March 9, 2012

Hunted

Free friday story, I kinda liked it so thought I would post it, what do you guys think?

        My breath became clouds in the cold night. The fast beating of my heart almost deafened me. I saw the shadows behind me, so i continued to run. I wanted to spread my wings and fly, but i would be an open target up there.
        A bullet whizzed by my head, causing a high pitched noise and then a loud crackle when it hit the alleys brick wall.
       When I turned the corner, running into something, causing me to fall hard on the cold wet cement.
"Oh I'm sorry miss! Are you okay?" The man leaned down to help.
       I heared the running footsteps and did the only thing i could do. I grabbed the man, opened my wings and flew. My wings had materialized before the man, so his shock didn't surprise me. The reason why i took him with, was because if I did, the hunters would had killed him and i couldn't let another innocent die because of me...
       The man fainted as I flew higher. The adrenaline beat through me so I couldn't feel his heavy weight. Within seconds, i heared the gun shots again and bullets flying towards me. I swerved as fast as i could, keeping the man tightly in my grasp, but i wasn't quick enough to dodge. A bullet hit my wing, causing me to cry out in pain. My body and his began to fall from the sky, the pain so intense, that I blacked out when we hit the ground. The last thing I saw, was the mans green eyes opening, the confusion on his face. Only thing i knew, was that we wern't dead...yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment