March 11, 2012

A possible beginning of a story?

    "I have not chosen this path. This path has chosen me..."


    As I walked down the dusty road, kicking stones along the way, I closed my eyes. I could not muster up a care in the whole world. I could get hit by a trailer and not care if I lived. I inhaled slowly, held my breath as I walked, and emptied my lungs as they began to burn and threaten to burst. Is it too much to ask, to have ended up somewhere else? With my eyes closed, I came upon a ditch in the dirt road. My foot stamped itself into the crater and my body was sent flying to the ground. I opened my eyes as I heard laughter radiating around me. When I looked up, I saw a pair of perfectly tan legs a few inches from me. I knew that it was fate as soon as her giggle tickled my eardrums. Quickly, I became overcome with a sense of new-found embarrassment as I attempted to sprawl to me feet. I could feel  my heart beating faster as I found my balance to stand despite my wobbling knees. That's when I saw her. She smiled at me, and it was beautiful. She was beautiful. Breathtaking, even.
    "Are you alright?" She asked with a slight hint of amusement, which brought me to my knees. 
    I couldn't handle her beauty. And then, I fainted right in front of her, right at her feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment