September 24, 2010

Good Introduction?

        This is a small part of the first chapter of my novel, titled "Monroeville". This is just a small part of the introduction, but do you think it is good? Does it seem like a true introduction? I wrote it a while ago, and haven't really looked back since.

        “Don’t worry Cali,” My dad told me as he hopped into the driver’s seat of our minivan. “You are going to love Monroeville! The people there are so nice, and friendly.”

        I sighed. We were leaving sunny, beautiful California, and we were moving to dull, rainy Monroeville. What kind of name is Monroeville anyway? In Monroeville it rained almost every day, and you could never see the sun there. Monroeville is a hundred times different from California.

        A tear rolled down my cheek as we drove away from our house, and Megan’s house. Megan is my best friend, and I was devastated I had to leave her. She was in the window of her house, waving and crying. I had to look away so I wouldn’t break down…again.

        Out of all the people in the world, I was most surprised my mother had agreed to moving. She absolutely hated the rain. That’s why she lived in California her whole life. Monroeville would be her own personal hell. My dad on the other hand could care less about the rain. I swear I was not related to him.

        “I guess we will just have to learn to love the rain,” My mother said from the passenger seat, as if she was reading my mind.

        “Better say goodbye to the sun now.”

        My parents started talking about Monroeville, but I didn’t want to hear it. I grabbed my Ipod out of my purse, and put on the headphones. I blared Fall Out Boy, so I couldn’t hear anything. This was going to be a very long, boring trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment