January 13, 2012

Facebook is Calling

Are you busy? No I didn't think so.
What is that you're opening? A Word document?
Stop that.
School isn't important! Social life is key.
You're really trying to work hard right now...how cute.
But...aren't you wondering what your friends are doing?
I see you've come back to me now.
Like that status, comment on that wallpost, creep on those pictures.
Oh look, your ex-boyfriend's relationship status just chaged, you should really look into that.
I know you love me, you can't live without me!
I give you knowledge, information, and endless entertainment.
Don't even try to imagine life without me.
I am your life, bitch.

This is my inamimate object poem about Facebook. Think its realistic?

3 comments:

  1. This actually really describes how most people would think of Facebook. I think it's very realistic, so now every time I go onto Facebook I'll be thinking of this.
    I do think you should add more lines, perhaps explaining what perhaps Facebook knows what teachers think of it and others as well. Also what it thinks of you and your friends on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is totally relevant to my life! Facebook is a real addiction for so many people and I think that you definitely captured the accurate tone of Facebook. It's very nagging and annoying which is how I feel when I sign on Facebook. I agree with xDoomxGirx that you should add more to this. Add more specific examples to make it more accurate. You rule Nora and I think I might be in love with you, too. Ilysm~~~~~~**

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious, but also sadly true. It's a really good inanimate object poem because the voice is exactly how I imagine Facebook talking if it could in fact talk. There isn't really anything I would fix except for the spelling of changed. (You forgot the n.) Other than that, great job.

    ReplyDelete