January 20, 2012

Spenserian Sonnet

There are so many who deserve to die
Forgive me for saying so bad a thing
But I would rather speak truth than to lie
I want to stop all those who only sing

I want the doctors to feel that hard 'zing'
Instead of the patients, whom they ignore
The women with their pearls and diamond rings
Should sell their precious jewels back to the store

And those physco's who adore blood and gore
Should feel the misfortune of those they see
But the one group I despise all the more
Are those who walk by and are judging me

Just because I'm a murderer in jail
Doesn't mean I'm telling you a false tale

This sonnet has ten syllables on every line, like it is supposed to, but I wasn't sure if it needed an iambic pentameter. Do only Shakespearean sonnets need those?

No comments:

Post a Comment