January 13, 2012

Video Games

What- what- what are doing? Work? Come on, why do something so boring. Come on and play with me, I’m fun, I’m not demanding, I won’t force you in doing something you don’t want to do. Come on just sit down and lie on the couch. Just pick me up sit back and relax; work doesn’t let you have this much fun. You know what- you know what I’ll do? I’ll let you get a snack, maybe some Doritos, a comfy seat, headphones and I’ll show you the most prophet- well not- not so much- well- I’ll show you a great time filled with entertainment and relaxation.
Are you bored with me? What? No. You can’t get bored of me. I’ve got a massive variety of entertainment. What do you like? Action? Adventure? Puzzles? Racing? I mean I got it all right here, right now. Just pick your poison and relax. I mean you can do work tomorrow. Or you know what? You could play with me tomorrow and do work in two days. How does that sound? Good? Fun? Yes? No?
Come on. Your friends are doing it too. Don’t you want to stay close with your friends? Yeah you do. Go help them out. They have the right idea...Do you hate your friends? That’s okay, just delete them and go look for some new ones. And I’m the best matchmaker there is. Hey. Need a spouse? I found someone who has a lot in common with you; ME! And I think you should go do me- I- you- you should do yourself a favor and play with me. Come on, pick up that controller, press power and begin the best part of your life.
You don’t want to play? Why? Are your thumbs broken? Don’t let that stop you. You know what it is? You feel like you’ve completed me. Don’t worry; I’m not out of new adventures we can do. There will always be princesses to save, Monsters to slay, treasures to find, and puzzles to solve. I’ll hook you up, I know some people. You ready? Just RELAX.

2 comments:

  1. ^like. This is funny stuff. As someone who thoroughly enjoys playing video games when I know I have work to do, I know what it's like to think "I can always do work later." I like how video games were trying to be as convincing as possible without actually saying "DO IT!" I found myself chuckling the entire time. I really enjoyed how towards the end, video games start to sound like a drug dealer. Saying stuff like I got what you want, and I'll hook you up. I can definitely picture video games being like that. And talking about betraying his friends by not playing video games is genius. Especially with Xbox Live nowadays, people always want to play together without being in the same room. Good job on the inanimate object poem, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the fifth line there's a mix up with the word profit and prophet. The one you used did not make sense with the poem. Other than that the poem was funny. I think that's pretty much how a game console would be like. It would want to take over your life.

    ReplyDelete