January 13, 2012

Sketchbook

This is my inanimate object poem that I wrote yesterday for the writing exercise. What do you think? Is there any improvements I can make?

Open me. I’m sitting here,
Waiting to be used. Just waiting. Waiting for you to
Fill me with your thoughts and turn them
Into artwork.
No. Don’t go to that TV. Don’t turn that
game system on. Turn it off and come back to me.
It can’t hold your artwork like me.
I’m a blank canvas
Waiting for you to cover me in art.
Waiting to be filled with detailed illustrations
From your mind. Fill me
With sketches and use me to practice your drawing.
Stay away from that T.V. and game system
And come back to me. I’m still waiting for you
To come back.

1 comment:

  1. I like what the sketch book is saying about the other objects, everything in this world is a needy bitch apparently. I expect a sketch book to be... Understanding... Loving... Caring... Ect ect.
    At the end is says "I'm still waiting for you to come back".
    It reminds me of being forever alone on a desk with nothing but colored pencils or something.

    ReplyDelete