January 13, 2012

Read Me.

Making an impression
Eager to succeed
Gaining wisdom along the way
Always striving for better
Never settling for less
Linking thoughts together
In turn, creating a master piece of insight
Needless to say, I am still growing.
Denying my faults and creating an illusion of
Some sort of distorted perfection I so desperately want to find.
Every year must end and develop into a new beginning
Yet, I have no way of preparing.
Silently, I will teach myself discipline
Helplessly awaiting guidance no more.
Every thought is the flutter of something great
Pushing for takeoff
So I may one day gain acceptance here.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this. Partly because I'm not really sure what it's about. I feel like it could either be about your writing, or about life in general. It leaves an interesting sense of mystery that only you know exactly what you're talking about, or maybe you're talking about more than one topic at once. It is really introspective and deep, which always make writing more interesting to read! My only criticism is to maybe provide the reader with more context about the topic, but either way I think its awesome (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this is deep. I feel like this is your soul talking here, not you. You hit on something that every teen feels: longing to be accepted, normal, perfect,and other deep striving There is also a loneliness underlying in this that I too feel. This also gets the potential of our lives for both greatness and failing. I really feel this poem, and I get you. It makes sense. In such a short amount of space, you placed your life's longings. Our maybe I just see my longings reflected back to myself...

    ReplyDelete