January 6, 2012

Food>You

This is my sonnet about how much better food is than people. Let me know what you think!


There aren’t many things I like more than food

With so many kinds and so much flavor

My favorites are tasty, and never rude

More than people, it’s food that I favor

Food’s not a person, it can’t be a whore

I’d eat a mountain of mashed potatoes

But enough of you, I never want more

At you I would throw rotten tomatoes

Food offers comfort, it won’t dessert you

“Life sucks so much,” angry bitches complain

They must not have best friends, or the sense to

Eat pints of ice cream to help numb their pain

The problem with food, you won’t go away

And the food, though I wish it would, can’t stay

3 comments:

  1. Laughing out loud (more literate than merely "LOL") I knew this was going to be by you, simply because of the title. Quite accurate, might I add. I love this. Food deserves more credit. It certainly is not a whore. It totally sinks my submarine (which is a good thing...) that you put "dessert" instead of "desert!" Because this is a poem about food, and dessert is a course in a meal that generally consists of sweets, but you used it to mean "desert," as in, "too abandon." Hilarious. I love food, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo this is totally cool because food is cool! No but seriously this was good because it made me hungry! Food is awesome and you totally captured my feelings about food. I may have to write a rap about this because it was so inspiring! Thanks for the beautiful images of delicious food in my brain, I owe you one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your sonnet and i'm not surprise you feel this way

    ReplyDelete