January 13, 2012

Facebook Timeline

This is a poem I wrote because we had to. Hope you all enjoy it

Hey there buddy, welcome back
What's on your mind? I won't tell anyone
BOOM! The world knows what you're thinking,
doing, and where you are. What, you think
I'll forget everything you've ever said?
WHAM! Timeline mother f***er!
Yeah, you insult my intelligence, now everyone can see what you're doing.
Want to know what you did on June 8th?
You were dating this horrible girl and telling her how "awesome" she is.
Don't want people to know where you were
on Friday, April 18, 2008? Too bad! SHAZAM!!
You were smoking weed with two kids who are in jail now.
don't want colleges or jobs to know about that?
Maybe you shouldn't have told me that bit of information
Maybe you should be more careful with what you tell people.
Everything you think, do, or feel, I'll know.
So be careful and watch yourself, because
you know everyone else is.

2 comments:

  1. YO man! This poem totally captured my emotions regarding Facebook Timeline. I think it's totally creepy and too far. You were really blunt with it and that was awesome. I just want to punch that Zuggerberg dude in the face but I think that sending this poem will be just as effective. I really like how you went all dramatic at the end. You're awesome and I think I love you. But I'm taken so don't get any ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahhaha I love all the sound effects. Really nice touch. SHAZAM! See? It literally can make anything more exciting, even this dumb comment. This is a really good voice for timeline because timeline is mean and hateful and obnoxious, just like the voice of this poem.

    ReplyDelete