December 14, 2011

The Braver Me.

I wrote this little rhyme about leaving the old me behind to live a dream I have. I want to know if this story makes sense to the reader and any constructive feed back is more than welcome.

I lost her in the fog.
She ran away from me.
I went to search for her.
But she had broken free.

She was strong willed,
Determined you might say.
She would dream each and every night,
Of running far away.

Nashua had little to offer
For a soul such as her own.
She had dreams bigger than life
Her plans were set in stone.

When she had her chance to go,
She left without a word.
I begged her to return,
But my plea's were left unheard.

Her destination was Cali,
To live a life of bliss.
Fair well, she did not bid me,
I cannot blame her this.

She did what made her happy,
Without fears or even a sigh.
One day I’ll be brave like her,
And leave without goodbye's.

I admired her wits,
And strived to live like her,
Would Nashua remember her name?
She would never be sure.

Although she is gone now,
I smile with no shame.
That girl that’s heading west,
We are one of the same.

2 comments: