December 12, 2011

People ask me all the time, “what’s the best way to survive a boring high school?” I would always answer just make it fun. But I never realized that everyone has their own definition of fun. My name is Tag Hanson, im a senior at Pembroke High School. This story is all about finding yourself. Sounds cheesy I know, but don’t overlook anything in life, because when you do, sometimes life overlooks you in return.


Chapter 1

Its was just like any other day at Pembroke. I drove in right as the bell was ringing and class was starting. My first class was Latin. There were a lot of cool people in it, only problem was that the teacher was a stiff. Last time she laughed Bob Hope could actually count backwards from 10. You see today was my best friends birthday, and he sat next to me in Latin. I had asked the teacher yesterday if I could bring in some cookies for him and she immediately shut that down. So I did it anyway. I made enough for everyone to have one cookie, only problem was they were peanut butter cookies. Matt Jones is allergic to peanut butter. So Matt has a near death experience blah blah blah… I end up in my good old friend Mr. Zinga’s office. Mr. Zinga is the principal at Pembroke, and me and him have, well, a rather expansive history. Every since I put ketchup packets under the toilet seats freshman year he’s been on me like white on rice. Anyway, he sits me down just like always, looks up at the clock, then the ground, then up to me. He starts going on about the same shit as usual, how I need to be more aware, listen to the teachers, respect the other students…then he stops and looks right at me. He says that he is tired of seeing me in his office, and if I get sent back to him again im not playing hockey this season. Now at first I thought he was bluffing, I sat back in my seat, crossed my arms and gave him the good old mafia stare down. It didn’t seam to work this time. Was he serious? I slowly stood up and left his office.

So that night I called my friends Anthony, Sean, and Christie over to my house to tell them what had happened. I explained to them that ever since I was a little kid I had always thought about my senior year of hockey in high school. They knew how important it was to me. But you see, in my school, there isn’t much going on. And a lot of the students look to me and my antics to help them through the day. I had come to a dilemma that I had long feared. If I keep up my ways then I risk losing my opportunity to play my senior year of hockey. But if I stop the way I act, then I risk letting the school slip into the dark gloomy place that it once was.

We had sat there for about an hour just hanging out and talking like we always do. All of a sudden Christie shouted that she had an idea. She started saying how Mr.Zinga only said he didn’t want to see me in his office again. But he never said anything about other people. She explained that if I give my ideas to other people, then they could follow through with them and my hand would be clean. This way the students can still enjoy all of my humor and antics, just with different people doing them. We all came to an agreement that this plan will work. Anthony said that he would be the one to do all of the things that I would normally do, the “hit man” if you will. Christie will help come up with good ideas to keep us all out of as much trouble as possible, and Sean said he would do all of the talking if things did go sour. He was a genius at creating excuses. He once convinced a blind man to buy sunglasses.


this is the first paragraph of a short story i wrote for class. let me know what you think about the concept and the flow of the story

2 comments:

  1. I really like the concept of the story so far. I especially like the whole idea of the other people pulling the pranks and stuff in Tag’s place, it seems like it could be really entertaining. Also the flow seems to work fine to me, everything moves easily and such. I’m curious as to how their whole plan is going to go, it looks like it could either work perfectly or somehow manage to blow up in their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story is something i would continue to read, i like the skeakyness of this girl and how she pulls off "not going in his office" but having other people do her dirt for her. She reminds me alot of myself and id enjoy to read the rest of this story.

    ReplyDelete