December 16, 2011

A Lovely Picnic

It was a dark and stormy night. Yet inside of the house, it seemed even darker. The couple fought for hours. The man threw vases, glasses, chairs, all that the woman threw was her ring. It was no longer clear what they fought about. The conflicts wove together until the final product was the destruction of a relationship. The man lunged for her, hands reaching out for her neck, aiming to wring her breath away from her, but she would not give up so easily. She ducked out of his way, grabbing a rifle that hung proudly over their fireplace, and hit him over the head with it, again and again.
Then she looked down at him, and the world seemed to slow down. She dragged his body outside and threw him into a hole in the ground. He had been planning to build a gazebo there, but she supposed that would not be happening now. She shovels dirt on top of him and then goes inside to get a towel, and an apple. Carefully, she lays down the towel on his makeshift grave. She sits down, bites into the apple and looks up into the rain. Twas a lovely picnic.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Nora! This is crazy! The first few lines really move me. I felt truly moved by this piece! You, my friend, are a beautiful writer. Maybe you should try making this story longer. Add a paragraph in the middle and explain how the characters are feeling. Throw in some real heart-wrenching stuff. I know you got it in ya, Nora. You are a princess. And don't you forget it. I love you (but don't tell Beyonce).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude that was twisted ... but awesome! I liked this alot because I could vividly imagine this fight. It was described in a way that seemed very real. I could honestly see this fight being played out in my head. I loved how you threw in a American Horror Story reference too! XD I feel like you should pick up the script-writing for that show, like tomorrow. The ending had such a nice touch as well. A morid wet picnic is always the best way to conclude a story. Overall, this was cool but really strange in a very interesting way. I feel like AHS is going to borrow this and use it in the next episode.

    P.S. DUDE what happened Wednesday? I missed that one.

    ReplyDelete