December 2, 2011

Fight for You

I am not much for fighting
At least, I have not for a while.
But baby, I got my hands fisted
I will do anything to see you smile.

A man is what I am
I would die in your honnor.
Any man who hurts you
Surely is a gonner.

You told me he hit you
Throwing you to the floor.
He held you by your hair
Before screaming you were a whore.

I can not stand for that,
Yet you put up with it like it is fine.
Baby, I would treat you good!
You would always be mine.

So, why do you tell me these story's
Making him sound so cruel?
When each night you cuddle close to him,
It is him I wish to duel!

Being happy is possible
Why can you not see?
I will protect you forever
It will stay just you and me

So baby, time has come,
It is him or I.
I can not sit by
Just to watch you die.

So please, take my hand
Please, let us run far away!
Trust my words baby,
Listen to what I say.

2 comments:

  1. Meg, seriously this should be a song. When I read it, I could hear it being sung. This is a really good poem, there were some spelling errors though. Honor only has one N, and same with goner. Story's should be stories. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with this. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, I have zero musical tallent, if you wanna make a osng out of this or use bits and parts, go for it my love!!! (: and yes, my spelling is terrible...

    ReplyDelete