December 10, 2011

This was a poem I wrote a few days ago. This was a free for all exercise so I let my mind run with it. Tell me what you think and feel.

Give me oxygen
in a breathless world.
Let me redefine my parameters
and refocus my confusion.
If I'm chaotic then let me
live inside this vivid delusion.

With moments of terrestrial downpour,
we could either wallow in it's puddles
or rage against such violent precipitation.
If I'm but a cliche then let me
experience the pitter pat, it's gentle vibration.

To lack the will is to fail
at a task's feet.
Falling asleep upon it's doorstep
like a nomadic creature.
If I'm just a kid then let me
absorb what this world has to feature.

2 comments:

  1. By the way, I herpderped up there ^
    I meant to say torrential instead of terrestrial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is fantastic! I may be an awful poet, but I definitely appreciate a great one when she comes along. The words you chose to rhyme were really original, instead of just "to, you..." etc. The whole concept really helped transport the reader to a whole new world. I felt like I was actually inside your poem. It was just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete