December 16, 2011

"If life is infinite, what's the best way to live infinitely?"

Poetry again. What do you think? Relevant? Makes sense? You tell me.

Anyone can have deep thoughts
Whether tangible or inconceivable
It's easy to pretend to know what you're saying
Pepper each sentence with a fancy adjective or two
Try to make it sound believable

Happiness was never a guarantee
Elation may come at a price
In this instance, we run the distance
What we will achieve; this reward will suffice

On the edge of a bookshelf
The drop of a hat
It could all end in a moment
What we make of this life will account for that

2 comments:

  1. (Keep in mind when you're reading this that it is in the raspy Batman voice.) This is wonderful. I believe you're a beautiful poet and a beautiful human being. The splendor of your thoughts are clearly represented on the page before me. When I read this, I was expecting some crap about living forever, but you proved me wrong. In an instant I was wanting to reread this over and over again, so I did. I thoroughly enjoyed the second stanza, it gave the poem a very realistic outlook, which I love. This is great work and as I said earlier, you're a great person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Awesome perspective on what the topic was for that day. We have to work to be happy, but in the end thats kind of what life is all about, I feel like you hit the nail on the head with that one. I like how you summed it up as a "reward." You're an awesome writer, I wish i could pull off something this deep haha. By the way, American Horror Story was pretty awesome this week. More sad than scary though!

    ReplyDelete