March 18, 2011

Another Writing Exercise (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)

“I’m sick of it!” Larry yelled to the fellow leprechauns around him as he stormed out of the gold bank. Larry furiously walked down leprechaun town with two pots of gold in each hand. He entered his apartment and threw the pots on his couch.
“I’m sick of it! I’m tired of living in hiding. I want people to know me, I want to be famous! I’m tired of hiding from humans, and waiting for a rainbow to form, when there are only like 100 a year and by the time I get there, there is already another leprechaun that beat me to it. Plus, no human actually ventures out to an end of a rainbow, they don’t believe in it. How did leprechauns and rainbows even come together to form this job, makes no sense, no sense I say!” Larry said to himself.
Thinking about his dreams, he wanted to be in commercials. He thought movies were too long, and TV shows have too many seasons. He liked commercials because they were only 30 seconds long and it wouldn’t take too long to create it. As long as Larry made it in any commercial, he was happy.
He slowly made it to the real world, and began to live among the humans. Larry didn’t bother with a disguise because he liked all the attention he was getting. He had to get used to the whole people tackling him and yelling “Got you!” expecting gold, but Larry had to explain to people that he was no longer in that business, so he had no gold reward for people.
Larry found a set for a cereal commercial, and they were looking for a short red haired man to play a leprechaun. “That’s perfect!” Larry thought to himself. He showed up to the audition and nailed it. Larry would continue to do the commercials for years, and is still doing them today. He is well known as “Lucky” now and is said to be the attraction of all the kids who eat his cereal.

I dont plan on adding to this, just want to know if it's somewhat decent. Did you make the real life connection? Was it easily visualized?

No comments:

Post a Comment