March 18, 2011

Just a part of one of my stories

"No, no, Dad, please! I won't complain! I'll go back to normal! I'm sane! Please, no!" I begged. He came around the car and opened my door. I backed into the driver's side of the bench seating, screaming while trying to kick his hands away.
"Get out of the damn car, Anne!" He hollered. Eventually, he caught my foot and yanked me out forcefully. He grabbed my arm and yanked me to my feet. He pulled me to the main entrance and I kicked and tried to stay firmly planted, begging for mercy.
When we got in the door, a nurse and two men came to the scene.
"I need to have her committed," my father said. "For her own safety."
One of the men grabbed my other arm and started to steer me away from my father and into a seperate room.
"No! Dad, tell them I'm not crazy! I'm not crazy! There's been a mistake! Help me, please!"
"Get in, Miss," the man said, closing the door.

Do you think there are too many exclamation points, or do you think it properly conveys her emotion? Can you picture her trying to hold her ground and desperately trying to convince her father?

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this excerpt a lot. No I don't think you use exclamation points too much. I feel they help to convey how desperate she is to be heard out and not be committed. I can picture the scene very well.

    ReplyDelete