March 11, 2011

He's climbin' in your windows, he's snatchin' your people up...

It was a small school and soon all the halfway decent guys were taken. Then all the guys were taken, leaving Nadia with two options: her dog and her dad.
Then Antoinge moved into the district. He walked into Nadia's art class with pants around his ankles. This, of course, prompted a chorus of "pants on the ground! Pants on the ground! Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground!" From Nadia and her friends.
He was weighed down with bling, his hair was an afro, he was inspired by one Antoine Dodson. Most of all, he sat down right next to Nadia.
He smelt of cheap cologne, fried chicken, and Kool-Aid. Every time he went to grab something from the center of the table, a waft of his odor hit Nadia dead on. I nearly made her usually strong stomach up chuck each time.
Every day, Antoine would stroll into class with his exagerated swagger and would begin to tell elaborate stories to anyone who would listen.
"Yeah, me and my homies, we was like: 'Yo, Dr. Phil, you give some fine advice!' And Dr. Phil be like: 'Yo, Antoine! Dat you my homie?' And I be like: 'Hell yeah, Dr. Phil!' And he be like: 'I ain't seen you since you was dis small. How you been, Big A?' And I be like: I been good, workin' down at K.F.C...."

Alright, so...did you find it remotely humorous? In your mind, did you picture someone "ghetto" when it comes to Antoine?

2 comments:

  1. I did picture someone "ghetto" from the description. The description was good, although there was some phrasing and punctuation that could be tweaked. Also, I didn't really find it that funny. Perhaps I just don't have the same brand of humor, though. Hopefully you get more comments on this, because it really could just be me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kid Antoine was overly stereotypical. I don't really understand what the story is supposed to be about? Dr. Phill and black guys?
    It isn't funny either. Well, at least I didn't think so, but I mean, perhaps I just don't have the same brand of humor. I don't see why ghetto talk is funny, since we hear it everyday at southside.

    ReplyDelete