September 23, 2011

An Apple A Day

This is a writing exercise that I did a few days ago. The basic plot is that a man found a nice leather box with a special, nutritious treat inside. Please let me know how I can make this more exciting and maybe change the ending.

I had been staring at the mysterious leather box for 3 days. Ever since Sparky picked it up in his little puppy mouth I knew it was something special. The question of whether to open it or not had kept me up for 72 hours straight now. Then I realized that it was probably empty anyways and I was tired and hungry so I mine as well just open it. I jumped up from the couch, picked the lock, and opened it up. Inside was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. A big, red, juicy apple just sitting there, waiting for someone to bite into it. So I did. I tore apart that apple more than humanly possible. I sat and watched The Wendy Williams Show as I ate the apple down to the core. A day later I realized the difference of this apple compared to other apples. When I went to the bathroom a day later, I pooped out the same apple just as beautiful before I took the big bite. Even though it just came out of my butt, I couldn't resist. I took an even bigger bite than before and it tasted even better. Every day for the rest of my life, I anxiously awaited my juicy surprise of my poopy apple treat.

2 comments:

  1. Hey baby ;) First of all, you should've probably proofread this before you posted. I am a huge fan of this story. This is probably because I love poop. I really enjoy the basic plot of this story, but I think some rewording would do you some good. It made me crave poopy apples. It would probably more exciting if you added a little more imagery about the apple. Also, I think some details on your reaction to the poop would be an added bonus. I would appreciate you either freaking out like "OMG I JUST POOPED OUT AN APPLE" or like "oh cool! an apple! this happens all the time." I appreciate that you wrote about something you love aka poop and apples. As a bonus twist, you could throw in some outside reactions to the fact that you eat an apple you poop out. Some people find that repulsive or something??? You did good work, boo. This kind of reminds me of my song "Crazy in Love" because I'm crazy in love with this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely interesting that the apple came out as a whole apple again. That poop must have really hurt. My suggestion is that even if it was beautiful and delicious, a butt-apple can't smell all that great. Maybe say that after a few hours of it being in your house you noticed a strange smell and when you opened up to see the apple, you were hesitant about eating it. Then you could tear that apple apart and poop it back out. Maybe you don't eat the apple a second time right away. Maybe you wait a few days and notice it still looks really good, so you wash it off, notice it smells better so you decide to do this every day for the rest of your life. As for the ending, maybe you don't just eat the apple every day because it's good. Maybe it's a magical apple that keeps you alive forever or gives you super powers so that you can do something ridiculous, like run at exactly 2mph over the local speed limit.

    ReplyDelete