October 14, 2011

My Kitten is Leaking

Inside this house, it was always dark, and yet somehow; everyone could still see where they were going. Squeeks of rusted metal sounded throughout the house, though no one twitched or moved from the sounds. That was, because the residents were the ones doing it.

Nothing out of the normal for us, we had to regularly oil our joints from the crash landing we had the other day.

I looked to the side as I heard my kitten meow-squeek at me to get my attention. My kitten was leaking. The oil spilled from her as drops from her joints, leaving spots on the rug beneath her.

Damn it. I thought. One day, we won't have to oil ourselves. One day, robots will rule the world, without the humans.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy how you made this poem about robots, it was a wise way to give a little spunk to this story. Also, describing the darkness of the house gives the story an 'out- of- the- ordinary' vibe that I enjoyed. Unfortunately, there wasn't much mention of the cat or robots. There was too much unnessasary information. Maybe, you could have introduced the robot cat and owner a little earlier on to give a better understanding of the story. Other than that, great job!

    ReplyDelete