October 14, 2011

IN THE CANYONS

Scene six: Ext. behind a rock with Grant and Sergeant
MUSIC A BASS GUITAR STRUMS A TUNE TO SIGNIFY NEW SCENE
SERGEANT
Jesus, now what’s going on?
GRANT I don’t know, your ass is in my face
SERGEANT I’m not talking to you skin sack
GRANT I’m the only person here
SERGEANT It amazes me how you are never right. I was talking to my imaginary soldier Markus. Who, by the way, has already proven to be a better soldier than you!
GRANT I hate my life.
SERGEANT Oh no that’s terrible!
GRANT What, what’s going on?
SERGEANT They’re trading with pirates! We’re not just dealing with any robot zombies; we’re dealing with robot pirate zombies!
GRANT Why can’t my life be normal
SERGEANT As if our Delicious meat and world domination wasn’t enough; know they’re after our booty!
GRANT (chuckling) that’s what she said!
SERGEANT Grant, This is not the time to listen to life that you will never have. This is serious! First they rob our houses making us poor, then they devour our delicious meat and then they rule the world!
GRANT I highly doubt…
SERGEANT Grant, me and Markus are going to invade the base and kill them before they start an apocalypse.
GRANT Markus isn’t real! And what do you want me to do?
SERGEANT If you come you’ll mess everything up, just stay here. In fact just make noise and run around. That will help me sneak up on them and you’ll get shot it’s a double win, nothing can go wrong.
GRANT Except I’ll get shot.
SERGEANT Like I said, everyone wins.
SOUND: PERSON CRAWLING THROUGH DIRT
MATHEWS Uhhh.
GRANT Mathews? You slacker where have you been?
MATHEWS Getting shot.
SERGEANT What! Mathews, how dare you get shot, that’s Grant’s job!
MATHEWS Uh yes sir.
SERGEANT And quit that bleeding from your neck, your making a mess.
MATHEWS Right away sir.

3 comments:

  1. This was hilarious. I liked it a lot. However, I think this is your radioplay, and everything has to be numbered. The format was kind of off and I don't know if that's because Publish or Perish didn't let you set it up correctly or if you just forgot. Your punctuation is sometimes non-existant, which can be a problem. But otherwise, I say, "This was hilarious!" Ha, Mr. Greene, I used an exclamation point the proper way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i changed the format because of publish or perish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think it was possible but this part is more amusing than the other part you posted before. Sergeant appears to be just as sarcastic as before. However the introduction of the new character was a bit abrupt. I also think that there's some spelling errors in the script. Other than that the script is good.

    ReplyDelete