October 13, 2011

Remorse

I woke up with a jump but couldnt move. My back was cold. I noticed I was strapped to a long metal table. I had no idea how I got here or who brought me here. I started to get nervous so I screamed, "Hey! What the hell is this! Someone help!" But just like the horror movies, I got no reply. I thrashed my body around not knowing what to do, hoping I could maybe loosen the grip of the leather straps, they didnt budge. I was now hopeless, so I calmed myself and waited for something to happen. After what felt like hours a man opened the door, he didnt make eye contact. I saw that he was wearing a leather mask and something that looked like an apron. He walked to the second metal table and picked up a gruesome looking tool. He inspected it and decided it wasnt the right one. "Hey, you bastard! What are you doing?! Dont think you're getting away with this!" I got no reply other than a deranged laugh. "This isnt funny you asshole!" My sentence was cut off by a loud fimiliar sound. The man turned around and he was holding a chainsaw. "Feeling no remorse for what you comitted is a very evil thing, Nate. Now, its time for your punishment." The man said in his eerie voice. It was hard to understand his words over the roaring of the chainsaw, but I got him. His evil voice sent chills through my body. I knew what he was talking about and I almost agreed with him. "Listen, guy, I know what I did was wrong and I already had a punishment. This doesnt make you any better of a person!" I yelled. "No more talking!" The mans voice changed pitch. It was now almost demonic, a deep growl. The man dropped the chainsaw and picked up a thin, sharp knife. I screamed and begged for mercy but the man wouldnt concede. He reached under the leather straps that were tied around my ankles and started ripping through my flesh. I didnt know what he was cutting until he moved to the next one. I cringed in pain and almost threw up. The man let out another deranged laugh and unbuckled the staps. "Go ahead Nate, you're free. Run away." I looked at the man in awe and turned my body to move. As I dropped to the floor my achillies tendon ripped open and my legs gave out. I fell in excruciating pain and started to cry. I guess I didnt know what the man was doing when he first starting cutting my flesh. I tried crawling away but got caught in a puddle of my blood and kept slipping. I felt like a defenseless child. "Please, stop. I'll do whatever you want just please dont kill me." I said, quivering. The man just stared at me and he had a look on his face almost as if this got him off. "You're a sick fuck!" I screamed and instantly regretted it. The man grabbed my arms and pulled me to the second table with all of the tools laid on it. My will to live was almost gone. "Do you feel remorse Nate, do you?!" The man said in the demonic voice. "Yes, I do. I always did! I killed my own fucking wife and the unborn fetus! Who wouldnt feel remorse?" I said in a shakey voice. "Well, Its too late now. Whats done is done." The man picked up another horrifying knife and embedded it into my jugular. I sat up and watched myself in the reflection of the mirror. I saw myself get pale and I started to get cold, on the inside and out. As I was bleeding out I stared at the man. I sort of wanted to thank him. I dont have to feel remorse anymore, Im going to be with my wife, and not in this harsh world. I felt my pulse slow, and I got extremely light headed from the loss of blood. I was told it took about two minutes to bleed out from your jugular, but this felt like hours. Finally, I let go. Leaving this all behind and feeling good about it.



Opinions??

3 comments:

  1. This short story reminds me of all the Saw movies that I have watched. That dark sense of helplessnes and hopelessness, with the dark and menancing figure that comes up to torment the protagonist. It almost follows the direct idea of what Jigsaw (Saw's antagonist) does to his victims. Someone does something wrong and tries to get away with it, but as Saw chooses his victims and finds out their past, he tortures them and have them make the darkest and most painful decision ever. I thouroughly enjoyed your writing and it the vividness of the story really allowed me to feel what the protagonist was feeling. Well Written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very discriptive, the scenario was wicked real. Being able to like imagine the hopelessness the character felt after his tendans eing cut. Also, the psycho dudes character was described nicely, I could picture some crazy dude demonicly growling at his victim. Intense stuff right there. Very nice, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some good, edgy stuff going on in here, but I had a hard time reading it. The lack of paragraphs, the spelling mistakes, etc., gave me a headache. Try typing your posts into Word first, and then cut and paste into the blog. Word will allow you to set up paragraphs and run a spellcheck.

    ReplyDelete