October 11, 2011

The Death of the Party

I was the one who partied too hard.


I was the one who fell in the yard.


I was the one who gave life to the night.





I was the one who out drank you all.


I was the one who had a ball.


I was the one who gave off my light.





It was me, who got into my car.


It was me, who wasn't driving too far.


It was me, who really didn't stand a chance.




It was me, who couldn't see straight.


It was me, who was out way too late.


It was me, and the devil, doing our dance.




It was you, who wisely buckled yourself up.


It was you, who decided not to drive fucked up.


It was you, who gave a nervous smile when I peeled away fast.




It was you, who had not a moment to cry.


It was you, with bad luck, the one who was to die.


It was you, my friend, who became part of the past.





I was screaming your name.


Your only claim to fame,


Was being ejected from my passenger side.




My car, I lost control.


Because of my actions, you lost your soul.


Your bleeding body in my arms, awaiting help to arive.




My best friend, you were gasping for air.


The thought of your hurting, I just couldn't bare.


Why, God, couldn't she have survived?




My lesson was given to me


By something in my blind spot, an old oak tree.


I drive by that same street now, with my eyes, avoiding the ground .




So please, remember this story,


No matter your feelings, no matter how gory,


Learn from me, I beg, drive safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment