October 14, 2011

What I Left Behind

This was the writing exercise about "what I left behind." What do you think of it? How could it be better?

I just got back from vacation.
I realize now I must make a declaration.
"I forgot everything there!"
"I forgot my shoes and a brush for my hair!"
I really must have lost my mind
for I left so many important things behind.
I left my iPod in Cape Cod
and my peach at the beach.
I lost three pairs of flip-flops
and nail polish for my toes.
I think the only thing I remembered
was one pair of clothes!

4 comments:

  1. Cute, I feel that I would have read this as a child from a Dr. Sues book. Only he would have replaced objects with funny names. I like the aabb rhiming scheme and I don't see a way you could make this poem better. The only thing I can sudjest if you're going to write a poem again. Try using an a b a b a b rhiming scheme, challenge yourself. so it would go
    I just got back from vacation
    I forgot everything there!
    I realize now I must make a declaration
    I forgot my shoes and a brush for my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job. it was interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this it was good. It could be turned into a poem.

    ReplyDelete