October 24, 2011

What I Left Behind

This is kind of a make-up from last week, when I just noticed I haven't posted. This is from almost a month ago in September, and up until now I couldn't figure out where in my writing journal this had been. So, my dear readers, I extend to you the invitation to tell me how to better the story I am about to share with you. It may be in the character interaction. Maybe it's the way I could extend my story. Also, there is a line from a song that I know and I am wondering how many catch on to it. Whatever the case may be, critique.
He was cantankerous, but I love that man. So handsome and sweet, but I couldn't hold onto this any longer, not with what he had become.
Looking back, I remember city lights and then feelings got the best of me. We were young and so in love, but now it's just a memory. Everything seemed so perfect then, but now everything is just falling apart. I guess everybody changes, maybe even me.
Seven years, a month, two weeks, and a day or so ago- at least according to his last count of things- we were happier than most people could ever hope to be. Then somewhere around three years ago, after a long and loving year of marriage, he became the cruel and selfish man he is now. But, because of who I am, I couldn't just end things conventionally.
Now, I'm sitting here on a train, leaving my husband bleeding from thirty or so stab wounds, so that I can finally make my getaway and be free, because, Dear Diary, today everything changes. Today, that is what I left behind.

3 comments:

  1. I was interested in reading what you had written! The truth of the matter is, everyone changes over time, even the ones we love the most and you did an awesome job at capturing that emotion. Although, to what extent did he change to make his wife kill him? Besides seeming to fall out of love, what drove her to that point? Was he cheating, abusive, a drunk, a gambler? Give a little bit more insight to who he was and why he deserved to die. Other then that, great story. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. the poor wife. good job though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :)
    I never actually decided what he did to deserve to die, but he did something to piss her off royally.

    ReplyDelete