October 15, 2010

Can You Guess?

Classroom: I slowly work my way into fourth block. Before I step in, I try to get a last glance at all of the smiling faces. Knowing very well I won't see another smile for the next ninety minutes or so. The plainly colored off-white walls have cracks and marks all over them. The computers are off, but I can hear the fans running. It's the only noise in the classroom. The posters are slowly peeling off the walls, as if they are trying to escape from this dreadful prison called a classroom.

Dictionary: The bright red dictionary jumps at me from across the room. I reach for the thick spine. It feels heavy in my hand. I feel the weight of all the different words and definitions in the palm of my hand. I open it, anticipating what letter I'll open it up to. Will it be the C's? or what about the G's? Only the dictionary knows where it will be opened.

Mr.Greene: Mr. Greene's monotone voice pushes everyone away and scares all of the children. I think his skull ring is an actual skull. He has stubble from where his goatee used to be. Maybe he's in disguise because he's a wanted criminal. His earthy toned outfit is like camoflauge, maybe he wishes to blend in with the background. He wears it when he lurks through forests and jungles to capture his prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment