October 6, 2010

Lost

just looking for any feed back---------I look around me different colors of the night swirl in the sky.I am standing on a bridge it's old and creaking every time i step. i keep feeling sharp poking feelings from splinters as i drag my hands against the jagged railing of the bridge.I lean over and look at the water below me its not like the water I'm used to. I'm from sunny California so I'm used to the clear blue waters. this is not like that. This water is cold and dark i can't see anything below the surface, and the foam breaking at the peak of a wave is a foamy green unlike the usual white.I look back up and a great wind is swept over me. blowing my hair to one direction. i look the way it is pointing me. i see a man cloaked in black looking toward the sea. i nearly run over to him. maybe he can help me get out of this place. when i reach him I'm out of breath. Painting i choke out "hello sir. can you help me I'm lost". he just stood there staring off into the distance. "sir"? still no answer. I placed a hand on his shoulder to capture his attention. he then turned around his face was grotesque cheeks sucked and dark around his eyes. He looked me in the eyes, pulled his hand up to his cheeks and let out one of the most ear piercing scrams i had ever head. frightened i ran. where i am. i have no clue how long ill be here? who knows.

1 comment:

  1. This is kind scary. I can see the place as a small Northeastern town, abandoned and old. I love the descriptions you used, I can see the old bridge (about to break) and you walking across it. I like the part when you describe your hand covered in splinters from the jagged railing. What made you write this? It would be interesting if you finish it too. What is the man? Is he also a lost man and he went crazy? Or is he some type of mystical creature? I really enjoyed this. :)

    ReplyDelete