October 8, 2010

Monologue

So as I sit here on my couch, I wonder about all the things I should, could and would do under the condition that I wasn't so lazy. It's my senior year, so I should be working hard in my final classes to do well, right? And since it's already late September, I should be working excessively on college applications and essays, right? Or maybe I should be studying for the SAT's, since test taking isn't my thing. No, no, no. All of those options would be silly! I'm a senior! What I should really be doing is going out with my friends. That's what I call a priority. I mean, when we all go to college, we're all going to be separated for very long periods of time. So in reailty, the logical choice would be to go out with all of my friends. OH! You know what else I should do... go to the gym. I really need to. Every day, I find myself making up another silly excuse for not going. Yesterday, it was because I lost my headphones, and today, it's because I deleted everything off my iPod. Now I'm mad at myself. And how could I possibly go for a three mile run at the gym with nothing to listen to but the sound of treadmills and other people breathing around me. I couldn't. It's as simple as that. But I really do need to get in shape for basketball season... I hope we're good this year. This is really our year to shine. Before I start worrying about all of that, my car could use a little gas. There's something I could fix... maybe if I worked a little bit more. That reminds me, I should go down to MB (Market Basket) and get my paycheck. Too bad this week's pay is only going to be like thirty dollars... *sigh* That's not even enough for a full tank of gas for Quattro! Why can't I work more? I guess I could talk to my manager. Yeah, I'll do that now. Well, on second thought, I do miss my Nani. And she is going away for the weekend tomorrow. So I really should go visit her. Maybe I could have her spaghetti for dinner. Her spaghetti is my absolute favorite. My best friend loves her spaghetti too, so it would make sense to pick her up on my way down to Tyngsborough. Yeah, that's what I'll do! I'm gonna try and head there now before I find another distraction...


This is my monologue in the first draft stage. Please critique it, I need it to be perfect for next Friday. Does everything I say seem like it could be a random thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment