October 29, 2010

Final Moments of Life

Where am I!? What the fuck just happened? Hey, wait... That looks a lot like my... THAT IS MY BODY! And this is the battlefield... I can feel the warmth of fresh blood bursting at each seam I have left. I still have feeling in my body, too, which is kinda weird seeing as I'm a mere head now. Everything is spinning now... Look, there I am as a baby, bouncing happily in my jumper. First day of school, finally learning how to ride a bike, my first basketball game, my first best friend, my high school diploma... My entire life was just shown in a few mere seconds? It doesn't even hurt anymore. I can't feel anything. I'm slowly starting to fade out. I must be in the final phase of death... I can feel myself starting to float upwards. That means heaven, right!? I don't even care right now, I can't wait to get up there. Thank you, God! I tried so hard during my time here. It's blurry now... This is really where the road ends...


This is something I wrote in a writing exercise, describing the final seconds of life after being decapitated. Does it describe what might happen during death? What could I add to make it a little more dramatic?

1 comment:

  1. i think you should explain more about what happened. like say something like " the wound gushing blood burn like the hottest flames of hell." or something like that. I think it could be a little more intense. If you use more discriftive words.To show that they still felt that kind of pain while dying. I likw how you didn't just throw them into death.

    ReplyDelete