October 11, 2010

Marketing the Art of Lying

hello I don't ever have the recollection of ever partaking of the fruit orange before my eighth summer. Instead I had mandarin oranges, because oranges were not frequently imported to South Korea. I have only had oranges in a liquid form in a carton. I saw on TV commercials advertising orange juice. The oranges on the TV looked so plump, large, juicy, and delicious. The actors would stick a straw into the orange and drink the bursting juice. I had the burning desire to taste this fruit for myself. As I was eight I came to United States. As we went grocery shopping we came across the aisles of the fruit. My dream was about to come true right before my eyes. As we arrived back at the hotel, I went straight for the oranges. I rummages through the bags and eagerly grabbed an orange and peeled it. To my surprise the orange did not peel easily as mandarin oranges. A straw definitely could not penetrate through the hard skin of an orange. The orange was indeed sweet, tangy, and juicy, but it was disappointing to discover the true characteristics of an orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment