October 1, 2010

Script

This is a scene from the script that we have been working on in class. Any critiques or ways to improve on this script?
SCENE 12
Its two weeks later and JENNA is waiting for her appointment with DR. KELLIE. JENNA has been taking dance for the last three weeks and has been loving any minute of it. The back pain has gotten worse and she has a hard time sitting down during school. DR. KELLIE walks into the room.
DR. KELLIE
Do you have any sharp shooting pain in your legs or does your butt go numb?
JENNA
No. Why?
DR. KELLIE
Because of your back. You have a herniated disc and a bulging disc.
JENNA
Can I still dance?
DR. KELLIE
No. This is a serious problem. If you continue to dance you might not be able to walk ever again.
JENNA
(crying)I can’t dance?
DR. KELLIE
I recommend two months of physical therapy and if that doesn’t work cortisone shots.
JENNA
(crying) I don’t want to quit dance.
DR. KELLIE
Do you want to be able to walk when you’re 25?
JENNA
Yes.
DR. KELLIE
Then I’m afraid you have to quit. I'm sorry about that.
JENNA continues to cry.
(Fade to black.)

No comments:

Post a Comment