October 22, 2010

Writing Prompt 10/21

"Okay, seeing as I have such a speech impediment around him, I'll write him a tune. Do you think that will work?" I asked my friend Sam.
"Go for it, I mean, maybe it could work... A year after you become famous" Sam smirked.
"Oh yes, thank you for the confidence boost love" I laughed off her comment and picked up the guitar. I strummed a simple chord pregression consisting of Am, Dm, and Cadd9.
"You know, a song usually means a little more when there are words" Sam remarked. So I started to sing the first things that popped into my head.
"How can you make it this hard, for my mind to form these words, that can describe, how very, very much I feel, I've tried and tried to get your brown eyes out of my head." I stopped searching for words."So why do I dissapear, it's so unclear... Why do I forget my lines, No trace of me at all." I stopped again and put the guitar down.
"That's it. Really?" Sam asked
"Eh, I'm not feeling it. Too Taylor Swift"

No comments:

Post a Comment