October 22, 2010

Yoo-hoo

I was once a young child. My mother or father would make dinner everynight. As I would sit at the table, I noticed that everyday my mother would put a glass of milk bymy plate. She encourage me to drink milk, but I hated it. So many glasses of milk, wasted because I refused to drink them. To me, milk tastes thick and bland. It also has a very bitter taste, and knowing that it comes out of an animal as gross as a cow. No, thank you! One night, my mother put out a milk box. It was no ordinary milk box. It was labeled 'Yoo-hoo.' I thought it was a trick, but I was willing to try. I removed the straw, that was held onto the back of the box with glue. I pulled the plastic wrapping off of the straw, then punctured the aluminum straw entry. I took a sip, as my mother, father, and brother Michael, watched from different views around the dinner table. One word ran through all of thei minds. Success.

How could explain the true hatred I have for milk in a better way? The words think and bland do not really fit my description of milk.

2 comments:

  1. this is such a Meghan Chroney story, it's not even funny. I personally liked the words "thick" and "bland." I hate milk too, and those two adjectives sound disgusting to me, just like milk. I agree on the cow part, that is gross. Maybe you could add something about the smell? I think it smells bad too. And how after it gets old, it curdles and that's just disgusting. Other than that, there are a few spelling mistakes, but there's nothing that out of the ordinary. I like how you tell the story from your perspective, it's easy to envision what's going on and how a small child could easily think like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some spelling and grammar mistakes in here. I don't get how you say that the milk tastes bland but then you say that it tastes bitter. I don't like milk either, it just doesn't taste good. I remember my first time trying yoo-hoo too. I didn't actually think that it was milk.

    ReplyDelete