October 29, 2010

The mistake

I knew what I’d done as soon as the door closed. I turned and looked at the wooden door that was the only thing between me and what I just did. Every time I thought about going back, there was a voice inside my head telling me ‘just walk away’ so that’s exactly what I did. I pivoted on my right foot and kept walking. After what seemed like a hour I finally made it to my car, my hands were shaking so it took me a couple minutes to get the key in the door just to unlock it, when it finally opened I got in and put my hands on my head. All I could keep saying to myself was ‘it had to be done’ but then I kept second guessing myself, did it really have to get that far? I heard sirens coming so I quickly put the key in the ignition and put the car into reverse and hit the gas, without stopping, put the car into drive and took off, leaving everything behind.
The next morning I woke up with a pounding headache. When I looked next to me there was no one there, just a space that hadn't been slept in. I got up, slipped my slippers on and walked to the bathroom. I splashed water on my face then looked in the mirror, but the reflection wasn’t the same today, it was almost like I was looking at a completely different person. I took one last look when I remember what had happened last night, I can’t believe that I got so mad over something so stupid, and it resulted in me murdering the person I once loved. The guilt was unbearable. Every time I looked at myself I could only see a murderer. I was no longer Lyllian Taylor. I was the girl who murdered her husband because he didn’t agree with the choice I made, what kind of person had I become?


Does this make you want to read more? Is it interesting enough?

2 comments:

  1. I think its great. I'd read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting. I would certainly like to read more. I'm interested to see where this goes.

    ReplyDelete