October 29, 2010

Drawing a Picture

This is a writing prompt I did. It was a writing prompt where we could write anything we wanted to write about and this came to mind.

       My vision went blurry as I walked into the room. Everything was fuzzy but i could make out a round table in the center of the room. There were 8 figures seated around the table. I made my way to what looked like a unused seat. I sat down at the open seat at the front of the rectangular table and tried to get a clear view of the faces before me.
       My vision got a little bit blurrier. Soon, all I saw were the figures, the table and a white background. I struggled to see better but to no avail. The figures and the table melded into the white background. Now, the whole room was enveloped in white.
       I picked up my pencil and put it to the white canvas. My pencil scribbled acroos the canvas and images started to form. When I was finally completed, I took a step back to behold my creation, a painting of 8 men seated around a table.

2 comments:

  1. its a little bland but with a little work it could be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good idea, though perhaps a bit more detail could be used. Make it more interesting by using a certain strain of words to give an emotion to the image.

    ReplyDelete