October 15, 2010

Missing Con't

Sorry it's not much this week, I was having a little brain cramp..

I pick it from where I am standing and its beginning to absorb the melting snow making the writing on the page run. I read the outside of the note which reads Karen. I unfold it and try to read it but the ink from the pen has run so much, all I could make out of the note was his name, Steve. I fold the note back up and walk back to the house. I open the door and kick off my boots so that I don’t track any mud through the house. As I make my way through the kitchen into the den I see my father sitting in his recliner watching TV I see him look up.
“Where did you go?” He asks with a tone
“I went outside for a minute to get some fresh air” I say questioningly.
“Alright, so how is school going?”
“School, is school. You learn the same thing every year nothing new really.”
“Well that doesn’t mean slack off either.” He says in a firm voice.
Ok Dad, I’m not going to stop doing work and stuff.” I say with an attitude.
I quickly leave to my room before he starts to yell at me…..

No comments:

Post a Comment